Monday, September 24, 2007

Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar

“Nikalenge Maidan Main Jis Din Hum Jhoom ke,
Dharti Jhoomegi Ye kadam Choom Ke”


Today I witnessed the first world cup victory of India. India and Pakistan played with all their strength but India made it to the victory. I am very proud of ‘Team India’; I am very proud of Yuvaraj’s 6 consecutive sixes; I am proud of the longest six which Yuvaraj hit; I am proud of the team effort India has put; I am proud to be the part of ‘Champions’; I am proud to be an Indian.

It had been a couple of years since the happiness level in my body rose above the threshold. I never hugged so many strangers like I did today. What was it which forced everybody to respond to every other guy on the street even if they don’t know each other? What was it which forced me to pay a beggar all the change I had in my wallet? I wanted to see everybody smiling today. I had a sense of accomplishment when the old beggar smiled. I had a sense of satisfaction when I shared my happiness with all the strangers. I saw united India today and I wish I see the same when I open my eyes tomorrow.

God Bless India.

Jai Hind

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never hugged so many strangers like I did today. What was it which forced everybody to respond to every other guy on the street even if they don’t know each other?

Did that happen?

Piyush

September 24, 2007 at 3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys like you who cannot understand that should not post any comments here.It is not for u dude

September 24, 2007 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Ravish said...

@anonymous
Well, I wud love to know your name and what did u intend to write?

@piyush
kal to brigade road pe bahut hi masti hui..aur haan it really happened..charo taraf Tirange hi Tirange the..u missed it PKG..;)

Cheers!!

September 24, 2007 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ravish bhai the celebrations were not just confined to India ... we celebrated here in Korea as well. it was 1.30 AM here and we guys were shouting so much that nearby residents complained to police next day :))))

September 25, 2007 at 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home