Monday, September 17, 2007

No Fear…

“Jhooth bolte hai woh log jo kehte hai ki unhe dar nahi kagtaa. Dar kisko nahi lagta. Dar sabko lagta hai. Par dar se aage badho kyonki dar ke aage jeet hai”…Mountain Dew ad
(Those who say that they are not scared of anything are liars. Everybody is scared of something. But, go forward when you are scared to move on because 'the victory' comes after the fear is won).

In my childhood days I had many friends who were much older to me. We used to play cricket during the summers. I used to field for hours but I was not allowed to bat or bowl. Once the game had finished, I was given the opportunity to play a few slow balls. One day I asked to bat during the match. The answer was a big no. Then I asked again. I kept asking until the captain was pissed off. He said, “Go and play but don’t blame me if you get hurt”. I was a bit scared but I went to the striking end. We used to play with a cork ball and the bowler was at least 6 years older to me. I couldn’t even tried to touch the ball first. But, the next moment I said to myself, “Maar. Jo hoga dekha jayega. Jyada se jyada chot hi lagegi na”. I hit the next one, next to next one also and the hitting continued.Really. “dar ke aage jeet hai”.

I promise to myself that I will not be scared. I will win even if I loose eventually. I will be courageous enough to try out the things nobody has dared to think about. I will not be scared of the bad outcomes because I will try for the good ones. I will be truthful to me even if I am scared to loose my most precious thing. I will not be scared to try my weakest shots just because I might loose the game. "Main dar se jeetonga". I promise to myself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shailendra Gupta said...

Good Pick !!

September 17, 2007 at 2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are two kinds of fear. One, if you win fear, will be constructive and another will be distructive. So it is not always right to win fear. Some fear should be left as fear. I think got the point.

September 17, 2007 at 2:40 AM  
Blogger Padmaja Shukla said...

Good one!!! agreed "darr ke aage jeet hai" .. to add to it.... there is a struggle, a hard work behind every "jeet" and sometimes i feel there is a little fear behind every struggle and hard work.......so FEAR is sometimes as important as winning it :)

September 17, 2007 at 10:19 PM  
Blogger Arvind said...

Perfectly said.... "Fighters always have an option to win."

April 6, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home