Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day….

Chandu could be seen in the washroom after every half and hour…caressing his hair…looking at himself in the mirror with anticipation…though he doesn’t have enough hairs on his head and he was not going to participate in Mr. India contest…but he was doing it.....Please do not assume that I was also in the washroom after every half and hour to meet him…I met him only once…

“Kya baat Hai Chandu bhai….aj bahut khayal rakh rahe ho apna..?”

Chandu bhai became rosy,”Nahi Kuch Nahi”

But, I asked again, “Nahi Kuch to hai…”

Now, Chandu said that he’s going propose someone…so he wants to make sure that he keeps everything as impressive as possible. I wished him best of luck.

Next day I saw him again and could see that he was the old Chandu again…with messy hairs…casually dressed… I asked what happened yesterday…So this is how he narrated all the things happened to him in the past…

I started liking her from the day we met in the club. The first match I played with her was the last match we won in the club…’coz I could not zero in on the match…The reason was that I did not want to hurt her as she could cover the complete court by herself. She didn’t need the partner actually but it’s a rule that 2 players have to be on one side of the court so she had to have a partner. Nobody wanted to make a team with her so I have been getting chance to play (or would rather call it being in the court with her or standing in the back alley of the court in idle mode) all the games with her. Anyway, I had started liking her and wanted to tell her my feeling. I asked her to meet me at Barista, MG Road on a non stormy day...she agreed.

Hmm...(it was me)

I started for the MG road one hour before the scheduled meeting time…She was also on time…But, suddenly Ramesh met us and unfortunately he was a common friend of us…So, we spent the next 2 hours together talking about work culture… workload… club… etc… After holy Ramesh departed... I told her all the things I had been cramming for the whole day….I was on my knees…eyes closed…when I didn’t hear anything for the next 2 minutes...I opened my eyes …there was no one…I felt like dying immediately…I turned around and started for the parking space on church street. Then suddenly I felt a hand trying to hold me from behind. It was the little girl who sells rose on church street (Bangalore Junta must have seen her…)… She gave me a rose and pointed towards her…Yes, She accepted…..she came closer to me and said…”I didn’t even feel that you are such a nice guy…Chalo tumhare lie ek sher…arz kia hai…”…I was so happy that I couldn’t see or feel anything…she said again, ”arz kia hai..”…I woke up,”Irshaad”
So, the sher she said was

“Saato Asman ki Saer ham kar aaye....
Har ek taare se Dosti Kar aaye..
Ek Tara khas tha jise ham apne saath le aaye...
Varna aap hi Sochiye ki aap Is Jameen par kaise aaye...”

“Chalie Chandu Ji…Aj ka dinner hamari taraf se..” ...we went to Copper Chimney for the dinner…I couldn’t believe it ..but it is true…The V-day had finally came for me…even though it was not 14th Feb …

Hmmm..I said…Mubarak Ho…Ab ap bhi dokele ho gaye…Ek aur member FOSLA se kam hua…

FOSLA stands for “Frustrated One-sided Lovers Association”.

6 Comments:

Blogger Prasanna Harpanhalli said...

FOSLA afjai sahi hain FOSLA Bhai yoan ke liye...

Yaar Chandu ke chori ne chandu ke chonch pe chummi chadhayi ki nahi ?

:))
-Prasanna.

February 14, 2007 at 4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gud one Prasanna! lol ;-)

February 14, 2007 at 9:00 AM  
Blogger sanky said...

wah wah...yeh to tumhari dastaan lagti hai bhai...kyun??!!

February 14, 2007 at 4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chandu ko chandani mil gayi, to ab Ravish ko Ragani bhee mil jaayegi :-)

February 14, 2007 at 8:24 PM  
Blogger My Voice said...

ye non stormy day ka concept sahi tha ;-)
kahani mast hai..seems like u can never avoid burping ur shero-shayari..

February 14, 2007 at 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mast Hai!!
Hope the same happens with u soon
- Rudrakshi

February 19, 2007 at 5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home