Monday, July 03, 2006

The two faces…I will remember….

Incident 1:

An old lady…who cannot walk….who doesn’t have crutches to help herself…and she doesn’t have money to buy one…she lives in a slum and the way to her home is very rough…how will she move…can you imagine…?
I saw an old woman, her age may lie between 60-80yrs, who was dragging herself on the rough road of Bangalore….it was pathetic to see her moving like that…I do not think that I shall be able to forget the picture I am having in my mind….
I did not do anything to help her at that time…but have promised myself that if I see her again then she will not drag herself on the road….
Hope I shall keep my promise…..

Incident 2:

I went to a petrol bunk to get my bike’s petrol tank refilled…after the refilling I went to get the air filling station….I took a 2 rupee coin out of the wallet…the guy filled the air and asked the other bike in the queue to come forward…I tried to give him the 2 rupees…but he said, “Sir, It is FREE”…I replied,” but, everybody wants this money”…
He said,”It’s free sir…FREE means FREE. I do not want this money.”…I was impressed…This is how it should be….I wished him best of luck…Moved my bike to the START state by kicking it…and moved away…wrrooooooooom…

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've generally seen a cute little girl on the Church Street with a bunch of red roses in her hand selling them. This weekend, I saw her in the same fashion... asking some couple to buy roses from her but when I came back in abt 5 mins, I saw her sitting on the footpath rubbing her tiny hands on her face. I don't know what might have happened but definitely, her tearful innocent eyes moved me a lot and I was left wondering if there was something I could have done for her.

WHY DO SUCH THINGS HAPPEN??? WHY IS THERE SO MUCH OF DISPARITY IN THIS WORLD???

July 3, 2006 at 4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must have been and HP or BP petrol pump

July 3, 2006 at 5:00 AM  
Blogger anirban said...

Weelll...but I guess it's always easier to turn away and say to one's self, "I'll do something next time round"...whereas the instant in which we could possibly make a difference is always escaped.
Or conversely speaking, there's a lot of suffering in the World and one should either not burden themselves with it all or start making a difference within their own capacities and realm of influence
Heh, maybe I made a lot of sense or all of it just sounded like mindless crap :-D

July 3, 2006 at 5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, contact an NGO in ur local area and tell them abt the lady, they will take care of her, or beter still u join the NGO and u urself take care of her -- then u wont have think the 'next time' u see any such suffering...and the most imp thing -- dont think abt these issues -- it rarely helps anybody, philosophy looks gud only on paper -- if u REALLY feel abt something go and work for them, or else simply shut ur eyes.

July 3, 2006 at 5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to say willingness is not enough u must act, as one of ur best friend I would have been a happier species in this world if you must have acted at that time itself rather than showing sympathy for her.

July 3, 2006 at 6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to say willingness is not enough u must act, as one of ur best friend I would have been a happier species in this world if you must have acted at that time itself rather than showing sympathy for her.

July 3, 2006 at 7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, this happened to me a lot of times... every time I promised myself that I wont ignore it next time... and then, there is NO NEXT TIME!

July 3, 2006 at 9:16 PM  
Blogger rohit said...

kakke, why dont u start a group in samsung to mobolize resources and work with some NGO... we had a group in Talisma for that.

July 10, 2006 at 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home