Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Pani Pani re….

It was a usual bright sunny day…and I was getting late for the office again…we did not have enough water for our daily activities…we had been facing water problem for the last couple of days…was very frustrated ‘coz nothing good was happening with us that day…we were planning to buy toilet paper ‘coz it was sure that we would need it sometime….when the things become so urgent that we cannot bear the pain until the time it takes to come to the office from home….anyway…we thought that it’s time to talk to the person “Paaji Buddha” who looks after all the maintenance activities ….as soon as we opened the door our Janitor showed us a notice….”Fatwa”…in the “fatwa” the “Paaji Buddha” has written that the water usage has increased in the society so we need to pool more money…he asked to pay double the maintenance we usually pay….it was not possible in any way that we are going to pay a penny more…we had to write our stance on the “fatwa”…my roommate wrote...”The time has come when the two of us should leave this place…”

Then our cook came…we were happy that at least we had some water left in the kitchen…I plugged in the FM…it was playing, “Ye kaam kamaan bhavein teri..palkon ke kinare kajrare…maathe pe sindoori sooraj…hothon pe dehekte angaare…saaya job hi tera pad jaaye aabaad ho mera veeranaa…chandan sa bandan….chanchal chitwan”….I really like this song…it made me feel good…I asked my cook…”Bhai saab, valentine kya hota hai jaante hain…”..bhai saab who is a boy aged 23 replied, “sab janta hoon main..14 farvari ko hota hai na…”...hmm….I asked, “tabto apki koi dost bhi hogi…jiske sath aap celebrate karte honge 14 farvari”…”Bhai saab” became nostalgic…he looked up and started telling us his love story….”I used to share drinks with one my friends…one day when we were drinking…he asked me if I want to get married…he said,” If you want I know a nice girl…all you have to do is to make her father happy”….and how can I do that…he said, “He also comes here for drinks...be a friend of him”…so I started working on this plan…gradually her father became a good friend of mine…Then one day my friend conveyed the marriage proposal to her father…he agreed asked me to come to his home and stay for a night…I told my all my roommates that there is a “Jagrata”…put on a new “Kurta Pyjama” and reached to her house…As soon as I entered here I saw 12 children in her house…some with running nose…some with running (censored)…I was stunned to see such a scene…all of them were her siblings…Then she came…her name is Anita…she was a nice girl…I told her clearly that I would not marry her but we can become friends...we are still friends…and I do call her once in a month...”….

I said, ”Sahi hai bhai saab ekdum…sahi aadmi ho ap..sab kuch ek baar main saaf saaf keh dia”….while listening to the story I finished the breakfast….but it was already 9:45 AM and I had only 15 minutes left to reach my office…..So, the race began…I took my bike out of the parking place…and suddenly…”Piicch” …Something dropped on my bike’s speedometer….”Shit”…An poem I read recently came into my mind…this is how it was…

“Birdy birdy in the sky…
left a poopie on my bike….
me don’ care me don’t cry…
me just happy that a cow can’t fly…”

The poem made me happy…I raced my bike and reached office just a few minutes before the clock could hit 10 AM….Success…”Don ka office late pahunchna mushkil hi nahi namumkin hai…”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

abey tu ekdum sahi character hai yarr, bindaas... luv u :P

"Don ka office late pahunchna mushkil hi nahi namumkin hai…" LOL!!!

February 1, 2007 at 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A true piece ...kakaji ...r u also in a look out for similar company? ... keep the marriage proposal aside and here I am shhweetie!! ...at your service .

February 1, 2007 at 8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeh kaka se daan kub ho gaye

February 9, 2007 at 3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home