Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kaise Kaati Raat….

I had been running for the last 20 minutes. All the clothes were wet with sweat. I knew what my speed was and how many calories I had burned while running on the treadmill. I was exhausted but kept running at the same speed. Suddenly, I lost control and slipped. I was about to hit the treadmill when my dream broke. It was a coincidence that the FM was playing ‘Boulevard of Broken Dreams’ (Sometimes I switch on my music system before going to sleep). The heartbeat was running like a fighter airplane which was going to crash but the pilot managed to save himself and the plane.

Tried to sleep again but I was too awake to fall asleep. So, picked a book I had bought around a year back. I had tried to read that book earlier but never made much progress. Progress eluded me tonight again. So, I started working on my new post. I had written the first paragraph when one of my dear friends buzzed me. He asked if he could complete the post that I was writing. I agreed and forwarded him all I had written by that time.

Then the power cut happened. So, saved the open files and shut down the laptop. We (me and my roommate) decided to go on a ride at 2 in the night. We were cruising @ 70 kmph when I splashed into a pothole full of rainwater. Somehow I managed to save the bike from falling. We were already drenched in mucky water when a sumo came out of nowhere and sprayed the same water on us all over again.

We decided to go to one of our friend’s house in SG Palya. Fortunately, the power cut had not happened there. My roommate tried to call him but he didn’t pick up the phone. So, we had no other option but to go back to our house and fight with the mosquitoes.

After reaching HSH (Home Sweet Home) we performed lavational activities. I did not feel like sleeping, so decided to make 2 cups of black tea (one for me and other for my roommate). We were standing in the balcony enjoying the tea when we saw a few people strolling on the lonely road. When they came close to us we started throwing paper balls on them and it scared them away. It was so funny that we fell down laughing.

What next? My roommate had ‘Sholey’ on his laptop. So, decided to watch the movie while sitting in the balcony. We could not watch the movie for more than 10 minutes ‘coz the laptop didn’t have power backup.

It was 3 AM and we didn’t have anything to do. After roaming for the next half an hour I felt sleepy and fell on the bed.

I heard somebody knocking the door but ignored it. Felt like I heard the knock again. This time the guy standing outside knocked loudly. I called my roommate but he did not respond. I went to his bed and tried to wake him up but my efforts didn’t show any effect on him. The guy who was knocking cried, “Open the door. This is Police. Some people have lodged a complaint against you“. I was scared. I gathered some courage to open the door. I opened the door; the police inspector came in. He asked me to get ready to go to the police station. I said that I haven’t done anything. He slapped me.

I was awake again with my heartbeat running like a fighter plane. The fan was revolving at max speed. I looked at the watch and it was showing 10 AM. So, I had to get ready for the office. I was already late.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KUCH BHI!!!

April 19, 2007 at 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I cud make the red face emoticon here!

April 19, 2007 at 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kakkaji ruk kyon gaye....likhte raho na....kaise taiyaar huey ofc k liye...kya pehna tumne...kaise ofc gaye...kya khaye kya piye....

ye blog hai sasur...tumhari personal diary nahin
agar next wala dhamaal nahin hua to padhna chhod doonga

April 20, 2007 at 2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kya ho gaya dost? "Wow" ideas nahii aa rahe kya !! Guess you too need to shift the orbit ..heh heh!!!:-))

April 20, 2007 at 5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

irrespective of wht the others say, i liked this one much more thn ur prev 2 ones.Those were just logs in the blog :-)
The highlight here was when the policeman slapped u..Some Sound effects like SLAP!! cud have had better effect for making u jump outta ur slumber..

April 21, 2007 at 2:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kya phir tumne ye nahii kaha "Inspector....Is Thappad kee goonj tujhe bahut der tak sunaai degi" ..courtesy Dr Dang...Karma/1987...Aur phir Utkarsha ek "jaalim, khoonkhaar" bhediyaa ban gaya"....jiska ek hee maksad thaa........aage likho bhaai..

April 22, 2007 at 1:05 AM  
Blogger Di said...

same as the first comment "KUCH BHI!!!" sach boliye..kya kiya hain aapne that the guilt remains aur aise sapne aate hain,huh? ;)

April 29, 2007 at 6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home